- Lead a group to execute research projects well, to build and maintain positive relationship with collaborators by providing on-time and high-quality delivery and proactive communications.
- Set up the scientific and operational goal and SOP for the projects assigned; manage and coach Group Leaders and bench scientists; manage resources and control the cost effectively.
- Proactively participate the Business Development activities with self-initiative or under the assignment from the supervisor.
- Recruit, train and coach key members of the team. Maintain positive morale in the team by setting objective, performance management and people management.
- As a member of the company’s Sr. Management team, play an active and important role in building and maintaining the company culture, the company’s reputation in the industry by participating internal and external communication events.
- Ph.D or Master Degree in synthetic organic chemistry or medicinal chemistry with more than 5-10 years of pharmaceutical industry experience and more than 3-5 years management experience.
- Successful track record in medicinal chemistry with extensive patent and publication records.
- Expertise in relevant drug targets including GPCR, kinase, ion channel and other enzyme targets is desired. Familiarity with structure-based design is a plus.
- Ability to operate within aggressive timelines.
- Deep understanding of the pharmaceutical R&D process.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to manage a fast-growing business.
- Flexible and innovative problem solver.