TandemAI is an advanced technology company dedicated to reinventing drug discovery infrastructure. We integrate proprietary AI-driven, high-performance computation with its efficient, large-scale in-house wet lab operations to deliver a turnkey drug discovery solution.
About the Role
The Director, Force Fields, will oversee the research and development of state-of-the-art force fields to accurately model molecular interactions relevant to drug discovery, a critical component of TandemAI’s platform for accelerating drug discovery.
- Develop and improve empirical force fields for small molecules and proteins that will increase the accuracy of protein-ligand binding free energy predictions
- Maintain the most accurate versions of force fields in our platform to support drug discovery projects
- Develop robust and turnkey force field parametrization workflows
- Work closely with multidisciplinary teams of computational and medicinal chemists, data and software engineers, biophysicists, and biologists to deploy state-of-the-art force fields into our discovery platform and quantitatively keep track of their effectiveness
- Build a world-class force field development team
- PhD in Chemistry, Physics, or related discipline with 10+ years relevant industrial experience post-PhD (or MS in one of these fields with 12+ years of related experience)
- Demonstrated track record of achievement in physics-based force field development, especially for proteins and small molecules
- Extensive programming experience (C/C++ and Python preferred) and familiarity with Linux and high-performance computing resources
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to explain complex ideas to non-specialists
- Experience with molecular dynamics simulations, computer-aided drug design, chemoinformatics, free energy calculations, and machine learning
- Highly motivated to develop accurate force fields for discovering better medicines
At TandemAI, we are committed to building a world-class team whose culture is founded on collaboration, intellectual curiosity, trust, and respect. We firmly believe that our exceptional staff will be the key to our success and are committed to high standards and rigorous science. Because of this, we are prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare, a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, and a flexible work schedule.Apply by Email