Location: Lexington MA
TandemAI is an advanced technology company dedicated to reinventing drug discovery infrastructure. We integrate proprietary AI-driven, high-performance computation with its efficient, large-scale in-house wet lab operations to deliver a turnkey drug discovery solution.
About the Role
TandemAI is searching for a Director of Scientific Programming to develop a modern graphical user interface (GUI) for our cutting-edge computational platform. The successful candidate, an expert in GUI development and molecular visualization, will work as a member of the software engineering team to create a state-of-the-art client-facing molecular design GUI that seamlessly integrates the various modules of the TandemAI molecular dynamics-based computational platform.
- Work closely with medicinal and computational chemists and software engineers to design a modern molecular modeling environment for internal and client-facing use
- Seamlessly integrate and develop modules for drug discovery workflows, taking advantage of existing open-source molecular visualization programs such as VMD and OpenStructure when appropriate
- Ensure that graphical user interfaces are robust and well-designed
- Set a high standard for internal software engineering
- PhD or equivalent in Computer Science, Computational Chemistry, or related quantitative fields with 8+ years post-PhD experience in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology Industry (or MS in one of these fields with 10+ years of related experience).
- Demonstrated track record of developing GUIs for scientific applications
- Extensive software development skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to explain complex ideas to non-specialists
- Experience with cheminformatics and data science
- Knowledge of molecular dynamics simulations and free energy perturbation calculations a plus, but not required
At TandemAI, we are committed to building a world-class team whose culture is founded on collaboration, intellectual curiosity, trust, and respect. We firmly believe that our exceptional staff will be the key to our success and are committed to high standards and rigorous science. Because of this, we are prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare, a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, and a flexible work schedule.Apply by Email