Location: New York NY
TandemAI is an advanced technology company dedicated to reinventing drug discovery infrastructure. We integrate proprietary AI-driven, high-performance computation with its efficient, large-scale in-house wet lab operations to deliver a turnkey drug discovery solution.
About the Role
The Senior / Principal Free Energy Investigator will participate in the research and development of state-of-the-art molecular dynamics-based free energy methods, which are at the heart of TandemAI’s platform for accelerating drug discovery.
- Research and develop methods in molecular simulations and free energy calculations to improve the precision, accuracy, and efficiency of protein-ligand binding free energy predictions
- Expand the applicability of free energy methods to different parts of the drug discovery process with novel approaches
- Develop robust and turnkey free energy workflows with zero to minimal user intervention
- Work closely with multidisciplinary teams of computational and medicinal chemists, data and software engineers, biophysicists, and biologists to integrate free energy calculations into our discovery platform and quantitatively keep track of their effectiveness
- PhD in Chemistry, Physics, or related discipline with 5+ years relevant industrial experience post-PhD (or MS in one of these fields with 7+ years of related experience)
- Extensive hands-on experience in molecular dynamics simulations, free energy calculations, and enhanced sampling methods
- Extensive programming experience (C/C++ and Python preferred) and familiarity with Linux and high-performance computing resources
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to explain complex ideas to non-specialists
- Experience with computer-aided drug design, chemoinformatics, drug discovery, and machine learning
- Highly motivated to develop computational methods for discovering better medicines
At TandemAI, we are committed to building a world-class team whose culture is founded on collaboration, intellectual curiosity, trust, and respect. We firmly believe that our exceptional staff will be the key to our success and are committed to high standards and rigorous science. Because of this, we are prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare, a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, and a flexible work schedule.Apply by Email