ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a motivated scientist in the area of Protein Science and Biostructure, including biochemical and biophysical methods. A successful candidate should play key roles in target validation and protein design and production, hit identification, hit validation by biophysical method. She or he responsibilities also will include X-ray Crystallography.
- Design, express/purify, and characterize proteins of therapeutic interest.
- Perform SPR and biophysical assay to characterize protein-ligand, protein-protein, interactions
- Perform protein crystallization and X-ray, collect diffraction data.
- Preliminary structural analysis.
- For senior scientist, Associate Director
- Excellent presentation, writing and coaching skills.
- Experience preferred in program leadership: high level skills leading a drug discovery program to success, leveraging know-how & accountability from areas outside your own area of expertise and function.
- Experience working in new directions, building new platforms or bringing in new methods/technologies in protein science
- MS or PhD (or relevant experience) in protein chemistry, biochemistry, enzymology or biophysics with 3-5 years of drug discovery experience. Experience in pharmaceutical or biotech company is preferred.
- Excellent publication and established track record.
- Solid knowledge and experience in expression vector construction, multiple protein expression systems and various purification techniques.
- Expertise in biophysical techniques including SEC-MALS, SPR, ITC and TSA, etc.
- A good record in developing enzymatic assays including enzyme kinetic and thermodynamic mechanisms or deep understanding on protein LCMS techniques is plus.